Build Over Agreement Welsh Water

To carry the flow and avoid obstructions, the flow or pipe you want to connect to should normally be at least 0.8m below ground floor level. If it`s less than that, you should seek advice from a contractor, architect or drainage engineer. There are two drainage systems you need to think about: fault and surface water. In general, these two systems must be maintained separately. This section has been written for owners who might consider building an extension or making changes. It describes the most important impact drainage can have on your project. If you decide to continue your project, your contractor will need to consult the approved H document in order to obtain detailed information on compliance with the building rules. If you are expanding your land, you need to make sure you know if there are water pipes, public sewers or sewers on your land. It`s a good idea to find out before you start working so that the work goes as smoothly as possible.

A larger roof area increases the amount of surface water. It is best to maintain the additional volume on site to avoid an increasing risk of flooding elsewhere. Rainwater can be kept on site using a moving type or other means to soak it in the soil (called infiltration), or be stored and used for flushing toilets or garden irrigation (known as rainwater harvesting). Approved H provides advice on where soakaways are set up, their size and how they should be built. If you intend to build a public channel or find yourself nearby, you need a written agreement from your wastewater water supply, so you should consult with the company during the first planning phase of your work. Hardstandings surface water must not flow on the highway, where it can cause accidents or nuisance. It is strongly recommended to advise yourself before the engagement or to start with a contractor, an architect, a drainage engineer or the local building control department. Dirt drainage carries used water from toilets, sinks, sinks, bathrooms, showers, bidets, dishwashers and washing machines. Surface piping is called sanitary tubes; underground pipes are called polluted sewers and sewers. Additional rainwater pipes may be discharged onto the ground or into new or existing underground pipes.

If you decide to let rainwater pipes drain onto the ground, you must ensure that the water does not damage the foundations (z.B. by encouraging it to spread over a large area) or drain over nearby land (for example. B by A light lip at the border). The pipes must be sized for the flow of water to minimize the risk of obstruction and allow air movements. You will find indications on the size of the pipes in the H-approved countercage sawing mode. The flow covers give an indication of the following exits. By lifting the lid, it may be possible to see the direction, size and depth of the pipes, but not enter the chamber (which can be filled with toxic gas) and ensure that the cover is replaced safely. Therefore, you need to tell us if you are planning to expand your home so that we can make sure that your home and our pipes are protected during and after construction. The construction of an existing flow or channel can damage the pipes, causing them to drain or block, which can lead to olfactory nuisance, health problems and environmental damage.

It also makes it more difficult to clear plugs and repair or replace faulty exits, which take time and are expensive. Therefore, if there is a flow below or near the proposed extension, it may be necessary to move or protect it, which may increase the cost of your project. If you want to know more, our detailed instructions are a good start.